Not from what I can remember. The only way I can think of doing it,
assuming that there is no 'logical' key to get the max and min on
would be to do an SP which opens a cursor, returns the first item,
moves to the end, spits out the last one.

The 'logical' key thing would be much better tho!

Or something like that :)