From:   Terry Johnson [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Wednesday, March 31, 1999 11:55 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject:        [DUG]:  Odd BDE problem with types

Now this is a little weird. Picture this;

Client site using Delphi app with databases in the traditional paradox
tables. All runs faultlessly. After several months, a report fails with a
'type mismatch' error. With the same databases on my machine, it works
fine. Same DB, same BDE, same app. But on some other machines in the
office, it fails. It seems that on machines with Delphi 2 installed, it
runs fine.

The program is analysed, and found to be failing on an SQL statement in a
master/detail relationship;

.. and (CustomerCode=:CustomerCode) or ((CustomerCode is null) and
(:CustomerCode is null)) ...

If we remove the 'or' clause, it works fine on all machines. Any ideas?
Terry

application/ms-tnef