I realise this is probably a trivial question to a lot of people here but as
I have humiliated myself with many before I might as well continue the
trend.

I am looking to create a web site that updates our software in much the same
way that win98 updates itself from microsoft. Our software consists of lots
of individual executables that do get updated quite often.

My question is how to go about programming dlls that run on the web server
and return web page data. I guess this is pretty fundamental but I'm new at
this.

Any source code snippets or advice on any of this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt.