From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Willie Juson
Sent: Saturday, 17 April 1999 10:37
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: Frustrating pauses in D4 development

I'm using delphi 4 on NT 4 Workstation, 64Mb K6II-300, which I thought was a reasonable platform.

When editting my project it keeps going off to never-never land, the hard drive thrashes away kind of like it's flushing the cache to disk or something, these little "episodes" are typically about 10-20 seconds long, which seems forever when your clients are screaming for the latest form to be finished, its 2.44 AM etc etc.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, although quite often after exiting an F9 debug then the first keypress back in a Delphi edit window triggers it.

Does anyone know where it goes and why?, how do I stop it?, I've been blaming Bill Gates but maybe it's a setting in Delphi, any help would be much appreciated

tia

Willie