There is a BDE parameter for the maximum length of blob fields which can be changed.
Myles

-----Original Message-----
From:   Sean Cross [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, May 27, 1999 4:02 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list Delphi
Subject:        [DUG]:  Storing long memo fields

My application has a notepad for storing case managers notes.  Once the
notes reach about 60k in length, the dbmemo refuses to accept any more.
This appears to be a shortcoming in the dbmemo rather than the database.  If
I change to another component (e.g. wptools) I can enter more text, but then
receive the error "Invalid Blob Length".

I can compress the data, which solves the blob length problem, but then of
course my report package cannot read the data.  I could then write a report
using Quick reports (so I can decompress the data again), but I suspect the
QR text component suffers from the same shortcomings as dbmemo, leaving me
where I came in.

I am using Delphi 4 Professional connecting to MS SQL 6.5 via ODBC.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Sean

application/ms-tnef