Cause one way to store the day is to record how long it has been since a
certain day. In 2047 the 32 bit number is going to be to big to record but
hopefully by then they will be able to use 64 bit and go on for millions of
years to come. This is the way linux stores the date and is why it will have a
lot less y2k problems than windows.

This mail sent through IMP: http://web.horde.org/imp/