> The conditional bit provides for a menuitem which opens a TNotebook
> page, report start and finish dates etc are set.  A Run button
> (AcctRepBtn) then calls a quick report.
> This all works fine until I try to put these bits inside some
> conditional compiler codes.
> In a UserSettings unit I define {$DEFINE AcctRep}
> In the Mainform I have a {$IFDEF AcctRep} and {$ENDIF} around both the
> procedure declarations and those procedures in the Implementation part.
> What I get - on compilation is "Exception EreadError.  Error reading
> AcctRepBtn.Onclick:Invalid Property.

Unfortunately you can't place a conditional around the bit in the DFM file that
refers to that Procedure.  Rather than using the conditional to remove the existence
of the procedure entirely, simply remove the contents of the procedure

    {$IFNDEF OPT_NUKEIT} procedure MyCompletelyNukedProc; {$ENDIF}
    procedure MySlightlyLessNukedProc;

implementation

{$IFNDEF OPT_NUKEIT}
procedure MyCompletelyNukedProc;