Is it possible to use a column and picklist on a TDBGrid.Column to look up
values from a table?

Suppose I have a table with rows that look like this

Cat 1
Fish 2
Dog 3
Pig 4

and I have a field in a table that has a numerical field based on the
numbers shown. But when I display the field's values in the grid, I want to
display the text value, and my picklist lets someone pick the text value
when they are entering or changing the field, and they never actually see
the number. Is it possible? How do I implement it?

Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ
http://patrick.dunford.com/