From: Dennis Chuah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, 6 October 1999 8:45 AM
Subject: RE: [DUG]: Mapping and GPS

Tony,

Hi.  Most maps are vector based and are digitised rather than scanned.  Back
in the days of VB3, I worked with a map VBX component.  It supports layers
and each layer can either be bitmap or vector.  I am thinking if you use
this component, one layer can be the scanned bitmap, one can be the
co-ordinates, and another layer used to plot the current position.  Later,
they produced a 32-bit OCX version for VB4/VB5.  Can't remember the name of
the company - I haven't worked with VB for a long time now.

Dennis.