Take a look at ICS, they are quite awesome.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2000 7:28 AM
Subject: [DUG]: What is the best Freeware FTP Components?

Hi,

  I am trying to find a decent free FTP Component. Basically I have a small app that uploads pages to my web site through FTP, it sometimes needs to upload 1 page, or maybe 100. I have tried 3 to date all with their own set of problems.

1)  Monster FTP VCL 0.4.6
Does not fire events correctly, such as changing a directory into a non existant directory.

2)   FastNet FTP (comes with D5) -
If you get a failure (onFailure Event) you can not determine what the failure is other than it failed while it did a particular task, you do not appear to be able to get the error code such as 550 - Unable to create file, other than that it appears to be ok, but no source code.

3)  Some other crap component.

All I want to do is this:

1) Logon to the FTP Site
2) Change a directory
3) Create a directory
4) Upload a file

After all of these actions I want to get a Success or Failure status, if a failure the REAL reason why. I want the control to wait until the action has completed before returning control to me as well.

Also all of the controls I have at some point do weird stuff, such as returning error 500 or something meaning "command not understood". The command returns to me as something like "5" when I sent maybe an upload file command. It only appears to happen when IHUG is busy, but I have NEVER seen this is any FTP program, whereas in my FTP application it happens often when the Internet is busy, has anyone else experienced stuff like this?. The ftp client is running on a Internet Connection Sharing Client. To me it sounds like the server is sending this back since al the FTP components get this problem.

Chris Crowe
IISFAQ Web Site