Mark

As an aside There was something on delphi direct about passing strings as
Const
it being far more efficient. But as a matter of style I use local funcs and
procs to
stop the main routine suffering indentititus can't be that ineff to call
(esp with no param) can it?
Wouldn't be surprised if the compiler inlined it when it is only called from
one location

I wonder if we are fixated here as your call to the DB engine will prob be
10^5 times longer that a stack setup for a proc call :-)

Neven