Damien wrote:

> I have been asked to create a standalone program that will open a web
> site, post the user name and password, download a database and do that
> every day at 9am. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do any of the
> above. I would love any information to start me off.
>
> Opening a web site from stand alone program could be good for now.

Go get Internet Mail Suite from www.argosoft.com. Good stuff, well
supported, and it's agHTTP component will do what you want.
There are supplied-with-Delphi HTTP components in some Delphi
versions as well, but I wouldn't waste time with them myself -- they
seem to change suppliers of these with every release..

cheers,
peter

Peter Hyde, WebCentre Ltd & SPIS Ltd, Christchurch, New Zealand
* Web automation for online periodicals: http://TurboPress.com
* TurboNote+: http://TurboPress.com/tbnote.htm
  -- easy, small, handy onscreen sticky notes