Hi all.
Well. I borrowed an 8GB HD from work today and brought it home to install
Linux (cos I had no spare room left on any HDs on my machine) and then to
sample Kylix.
2 Points I want to make....

(1). I am not really a linux person, but the one thing that has always put
me off has been installing of programs. Now I have not really done much with
linux, so my perceptions might be a little off, BUT all that aside, it was
SO easy to install Kylix ! I was impressed !

(2). Kylix is GREAT !! just like Delphi...ok,ok...thats the point, BUT no
real learning curve was required to get in there and "DO" somthing !

Over all, IMHO, from someone who is not a great linux person, I think
borland have made the transition process from windows to Linux dev. so easy
for people like me. I am no longer "Scared" of the move over to Linux when
the time comes for me to do some developement (like next week).
So all in all, so far, I think borland deserve a pat on the back.

In saying the above, I have not really delved TOO deeply into Kylix, but I
was impressed.

Well thats my thoughts anyway :)

Jeremy Coulter