A very important point that can never be repeated too much:

It is absolutely imperative that when a table is posted a call is made to DbiSaveTable to flush the cache. On Windows 95 anyway, and there have been documented other issues on networks, and with Windows disk caching.

OTOH I have experienced few problems at a customer site, only the occasional server crash or in one instance a hard disk crash.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Maurice Butler
Sent: Thursday, 6 September 2001 09:40
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: Re: [DUG]: SQL Poser

It pays to rebuild the indexes automatically on startup of the first instance. ie. if you can get exclusive use of the table when you start rebuild the indexes. This way any crashes, power offs etc are automatically recovered from. This seems to required more often with paradox then dbase. dbase has a slightly more complicated problem with indexes being detached but this does not happen very often.

Maurice