Yes. There are some windowed controls such as TListBox and TListView that
have a data or object property for each row that you can use to store some
sort of ID code. Normally when I am populating such a list from a dataset I
store the primary key value (integer) in that property so when they click on
the row I can respond to the event by fetching that record from the dataset.

Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ
http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/
http://www.trainweb.org/ferrymead/