From: James Low [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 31 March 2003 01:14 p.m.
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: Reporting ... D5, from TDataset

I am stuck (happily) with D5 for an app for which I am wanting to build some reports (it can generate HTML, CSV reports already). I can supply the reporting tool with a TDataset that could be connected to pretty much anything as a source of its Data (CSV, XML, Interbase, MS SQL). I get the impression that Quickreports is worth sidestepping as its discontinued in D7 in favour of RAVE. RAVE seems modestly expensive alone (and since it comes with the next Delphi I am likely to purchase, a waste right now) so the question is ... what is a good, ideally cheap (cost, that is), reporting tool for D5 on that will be a wee bit future proof (I ask wistfully).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

James

Notice of Legal Status and Confidential Information: This electronic mail message and any accompanying attachments may contain information that is privileged and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of the information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the message.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.