On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:26:45 +1300, Myles Penlington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Be aware that in effect there is no real record buffer with ADO components
compared to other dataset implementations.
As all the data is transferred via Variants from the Ado Field.Value
properties.

I think the issue may be with your ado component settings. I would suspect
that the ado dataset you are dealing with is not updateable on those fields.

I can't see how settings on the component would be affected by whether the update happened before or after a breakpoint.

Also of note. Any attempt to transfer a TDateTime with a millisecond
component into SQL Server will fail via a parameter - the milliseconds
portion gets truncated. The one way to do it is to use a varchar(23) field
and transfer the whole datetime in ISO format eg yyyy-mm-dd hh-nn-ss.zzz

M.

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Reynolds [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, 28 October 2003 21:20 To: Multiple recipients of list delphi Subject: [DUG]: Losing edits

I'm doing some active delphi development on my laptop for the first time in several months and smell an environment problem.

In one particular place in my project, my field assignments aren't sticking

qryCrop['LatestTestDate'] := latesttestdate;
qryCrop['LatestTestValue'] := highesttestvalue;
qryCrop.fieldbyname('LatestTestDate').asdatetime := latesttestdate;
qryCrop.fieldbyname('LatestTestValue').AsFloat := highesttestvalue;
qryCrop.fieldbyname('LatestTestDate').asdatetime := latesttestdate;
qryCrop.fieldbyname('LatestTestValue').AsFloat := highesttestvalue;

As you may see I am doing the same pair of assignments three times into a TADOQuery.

After some interesting debugging, I find that any assignments before a
breakpoint don't make it into the record buffer while any assigmments
after a breakpoint seem to work fine.

It feels like a version problem with ADODB. However, I have only one
adodb.dcu on my search path.

Does anyone know when the dcp is used and when the dcu is used?