Exceptions created too early or too late are not captured by the dratted system.  I
have found the following structure now captures all the exceptions in my apps.  It
may help your cause.

DPR file

begin
  Application.Title := 'VetLink-sql';
  Application.CreateForm(Tfrm_App_Main, frm_App_Main);

  try
    frm_App_Main.Show;
  except
    on E :Exception