You may have the wrong impression of D2007 - D2007 seems pretty rock solid
in my experience, each version I have used seems better than the previous.
Most other comments I have seen compare it to D7 - which seems to be a
particularly golden version - and many say better than D7.

Honestly the worst problem I have is some older source seems to get some of
its tab indenting a bit jumbled somewhere in the transition. That's
different IDE tab settings I think.   And I just found a nice source
reformatting tool :)

John