Yes you need to use a TProvider.  We stopped using TClientDataset it due
to bugs in its implementation of nested datasets - and developed our own
replacement instead.

Myles.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Vikas...
Sent: Thursday, 5 June 2008 6:26 p.m.
To: NZ Borland Developers Group - Delphi List
Subject: [DUG] need help in client dataset

Hi I am using delphi 5 with sql server 2000. I need help in using
tclientdataset.

My actual scenario is i am using tquery to fetch some record.

let say ssql := 'select * from tabl1 where x in(select * from table 3
where y>2) '

qry.sql.add(ssql);

qry.open.

now my main concern is how do i copy the output of the above qry to
clientdataset memory.

do i have to use some dataset provider too with this. I am new to
cleintdataset thing. I mostly use tquery

Sorry for my ignorance, but i will apreciate if someone help me with
this

Regards

Vikas

  vikas

Attention:
This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please do not use, disclose, copy or distribute it,
other than to return it to us with your confirmation that it has been deleted
from your system.