I'd like to use Delphi 7 (Delphi 2007 second choice) with SQL Server 2005.
Initially this will be just for development using the version installed with
Visual Studio 2005 Professional.

I've previously used the Delphi ADO connection  objects etc very successfully
with MS SQL 2000 but I can't see the 2005 SQL server (on the local machine)
when I try to set up the connection string in Delphi 7.  I can see the SQL
Server 2005 instance OK from  Visual Studio so it would appear to be something
to do with the Delphi ADO components not being compatible (or something that
I'm missing)

Questions:

1) Can one use the Delphi ADO components in both D7 and D2007 with MS SQL 2005
instead of MS SQL 2000?

2) Is my issue something to do with the nature of the SQL Server 2005 install
done by Visual Studio 2005?

3) Alternatively is there a workaround using some kind advanced parameter in
the connection string?

Eric