I did Neven, but Vikas is a tad confused himself saying that the accent worked but not the quote. :-)

Neven MacEwan wrote:
Rohit

I think if you look closely its an apostrophe not a single quote

Vikas, What Query Class are you using

Neven
try

INSERT INTO X VALUES('VIKAS''S');

Vikas... wrote:
Hi
I am using delphi and sql server 2000. I am facing a issue while inserting a value to a database TABLE x INSERT INTO X VALUES('VIKAS`S'); this statement fails. If you see the above query there is a ` value in the string. When i fire this query in query analyser it goes well. But when i use the same using delhi tquery execsql. It fails. I tried D``costa for example than D`costa it works. But this changes the name completely. So any ideas how to handle (`) this one. Regards Vikas
--
  vikas

database 3383 (20080824) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 3385 (20080825) __________

http://www.eset.com

--
*Rohit Gupta*
* B.E. Elec.   M.E.   Mem IEEE    Associate IEE*

This email and any attachments contain information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, distribute or copy this email or attachments. If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately by return email and then delete this email and any attachments.