Hi,

I'm evaluating Delphi's TActionManager/TActionMainMenuBar/TActionToolBar
components for a couple of projects here.

It seems that when you allow the user at runtime to customise the toolbars
and menus, the component streams to a file to save the current toolbar
layouts.

However, if I later release a new version of the app with a new menu item ,
it won't appear because the user's saved file does not contain it, and so it
overwrites my designed menu.

What would be the options here?
-Don't allow the user to change the menu, only the toolbars (not sure how
this can be done).
-Subclass the TActionManager and replace the saving/loading code so that
designed items are always saved?
-Just tell everyone to customise again and drop the new menu item into
place?
-Use a different component set (must be able to allow user customisation).

Anyone else using these - any ideas?

Regards,

Steve Barker