From: delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz [mailto:delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz] On
Behalf Of Jeremy North
Sent: Friday, 7 August 2009 12:45 p.m.
To: NZ Borland Developers Group - Delphi List
Subject: Re: [DUG] to Vista 64bit or not?

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 10:36 AM, John Bird<johnkb...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Why do you prefer Vista ....(apart from the task bar?)

That is basically it. Although I will switch to Win7 for new hardware
purchases. The start menu in Win7 has a nice feature where individual
apps have their own recent document lists.

I haven't played around too much with the taskbar settings but I
believe you can basically get the old one back in Win7 anyway.

I purchased a macbook pro the other week. That has been an interesting
experience. Anyone that says they prefer the macOS after using windows
for a long time is fibbing :-). It feels horribly limiting and this
one menu bar for all applications is just dumb.

Got Lazarus up and running (doubt I'll really use it though) as well
as XCode for doing some iphone development (the reason i got it).