Smaller but closer

The 3pm one was within 5k of Chch.  18 today by GNS count

http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes/recent_quakes.html

This is a list of the latest thirty New Zealand earthquakes.

  a..
    a..
    b.. Reference Number: 3368648
    c.. NZST: Wed, Sep 8 2010 4:42 pm
    d.. Magnitude: 3.4
    e.. Depth: 8 km
    f.. Details: 10 km south-west of Christchurch
My house is in  Mt Pleasant, but  have been in Ak the last week.   Decidedly
mixed feelings about not being there.  House was OK last report, but thats some
30 aftershocks ago!

John Bird
JBCL
Contact: