Probably also worth watching some videos
http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Delphi_Videos
Check out the 30 Camtasias in 30 days, it's got a bunch of basics in there which should be helpful

Alister Christie
Computers for People
Ph: 04 471 1849 Fax: 04 471 1266
http://www.salespartner.co.nz
PO Box 13085
Johnsonville
Wellington

On 21/01/2011 10:26 a.m., Todd wrote:
Hi Wallace

I would recommend getting a book on object oriented design. Here's one "The object primer" by Scott Ambler.

Cheers,
Todd.
Thanks for all the replies. I'll go through them all and see if I can get my head around them. I have to say that after a few months of programming in Dos/DbaseIII/Clipper, I hardly ever went back to the manuals and wrote a lot of varied and complex programs. (One being the management an integrated Golfing estate of 2000 members. Estate Access control, Green fees, Subs, all the accounts , Pro Shop sales and Handy Capping) Today however, without the internet and chaps like you, I would never have got Delphi off the ground. I think my programming to research is 10% to 90% respectively with Delphi. Is it because have an advanced view of what I'm trying to do from all the years of programming and so I'm running before I can walk ? Not sure. Could also be my age HeHe. Anyone here in ChCh would like to offer a bit of training for me ? Still got to get my head around classes.
Cheers Wallace