Now back to the original question - is there an API to Windows Explorer to
copy files?

(
I have a nice component HAHFindFile to build the list of folders and files
in a stringlist, and a routine using TFilestream to do the copy, but I was
thinking its almost certainly going to be faster and more robust if there
were an API to Windows Explorer to pass the source and destination folders
to, and some parameters (eg copy only newer).

I read technical articles from Mark Russinovitch about how Vista and Windows
7 optimise copying files over a network, varying the block sizes etc and
using caching so I would expect an OS-level API to be much faster.

Does anyone know if such an API exists, and are there options to eg copy
only later files.  I saw some hints in Google about a COM interface to
Windows Explorer, but no details if it has options like I am interested in.)

John