Thanks for the reply.

>Write a procedure for the validation routine in the DataModule. Then
>call it from the OnKeyPress event in each form.

I have about 20 forms and 10 -20 entry points on each form, so the OnKeyEvent
looks like the long way round. The database is only 20 fields long but each
form shows a particular set of graphic for the action so the user enters the
data in the correct fields.

What I would like is to attach the validation to the data field in the DM. That
way I can also specify a range for the entry which will be common to all forms.

Thanks Wallace.