> <node>x&amp;#13;&amp;#10;y</node>
> That's not what Francois wants. He wants this:
> <node>x&#13;&#10;y</node>

Right !

> The XML serializer, though, doesn't normally bother with character
> entities for normal printable characters like carriage return and line
> feed. Instead, it outputs this:
>
> <node>x
> y</node>

Correct !

> I don't usually see XML serializers that bother generating CDATA sections.
> Instead, they just use character entities to encode whatever characters
> aren't in the output encoding. If the output encoding is UTF-8 or UTF-16,
> then nothing gets encoded except ampersand, greater-than, less-than, and
> apostrophe.

Frequently, when a software do some character encoding for special
characters, there is mechanism to allow the delimiters to be inserted in the
data stream. Think about Delphi: the quote is used to delimit strings. To
put one quote in a string, anyone know that it is enough to duplicate it.
Other software use similar mechanism such as backslash something.

What I'm looking is a similar mechanism in TXMLDocument (or MSXML which is
behind TXMLDocument). Maybe it is possible to override and customize the
serializer ?
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.overbyte.be