I don't think the problem is in your code. Is there a balance control
somewhere downstream from your code?  Its behaving as a balance control
would.  Windows?

This couldn't be a balance control since balance do not mix channels. Balance is just a way to change volume level ratio between left and right channel.

Anyway, I've found the issue: it was the sound driver in my computer which was buggy ! Once updated, my code works perfectly as expected.

Thanks,

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be
http://www.overbyte.be