I've been trying to find out this online and am not having much luck finding the answer. Can I compile classes directly into the dll? Or do I need to use a package?

A package is a DLL with another extension.

A simple DLL has no provision to export classes as such. You can export simple function and datatypes that's it. Of course you can imagine some wrapper around simple functions and datatypes to export objects. That is what a bpl does the easy way for you...

Do you have any reason to not use a package ?

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be
http://www.overbyte.be