Hello,

My own answers, after some coding and thoughts about it.

2007/4/27, David MENTRE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Internally, I use the participant identifier to identify to whom one
wants to delegate a question. Now the question is: what should be the
external API for this identifier?

I've decided to use a cryptographic token, i.e. a short string, to
identify each participant that wants to be a delegate. When one wants
to be a delegate for other people, he creates such a delegation token
and give it to other people or publish it on his web site. This
delegation token is used by a participant when he want to delegate.

Should all participants publish their participant id? Should we use a
random identifier associated to a participant id and generated only if
a participant wants to be a delegator? In that case, what should be
the lifetime of this identifier?

Up to 1024 tokens can be simultaneously active for a participant. A
participant can create or delete a delegation token at will. They are
valid as long as the participant does not remove them. A comment is
attached to each token (for example the real user name and email
address of the participant).

Another question: should it be possible to delegate to somebody that
has never voted on a question (right now, this is impossible)?

Right now, this is not possible. That could be an issue in case of
massive delegation.

Feel free to comment.

Best wishes,
d.