Hello Diogène,

Diogene Laerce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Im trying to get the xml file ive done with the questions list and
> informations to parse it. But I cant find it : I already give a 777
> permission recursively on all site, my safe mode on phpinfo() is set on
> "off" but the following code return false :
>
> $filename = '/chemin/jusqu/a/fichier.txt';
>
> if (file_exists($filename)) {
>     print "Le fichier $filename existe";
> } else {
>     print "Le fichier $filename n'existe pas";
>
> -----------file doesnt exist
>
> An idea ?

Not really. Giving access rights and disabling safe mode should be
enough to access any file. There is a cache of read information on a
file but the cache is empty until the file is available at least
once[1].

Double check the path of the file, that this is the right path, starting
a the root of your file-system. The code you have shown us is not your
real code so I can't help you further.

Sorry,
Yours,
d.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.manuelphp.com/php/function.clearstatcache.php

--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A