In my denemo version, I don't have ->Change Staff:

I have something similar:

Staffs/Voices->Move to Staff Up
Staffs/Voices->Move to Staff Down

But when I try to change notes or add notes using this command, then
begin slur from the lower staff and end on the upper staff, it doesn't
connect them at all.