​

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 12:19 PM, Richard Shann <rich...@rshann.plus.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2018-04-10 at 11:31 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> > For a 16th note the accidental over rights the earlier note, need to
> > have scheme move the note forward to make room for the accidental.
>
> It is the line
>
>  (d-DirectivePut-note-gx tag -10)
>
> that is controlling the position of the accidental graphic in the x-
> direction. You could make them closer by shifting less than 10 pixels.
> You could even move an individual one to make the display clearer
> (double click on the note and choose Object Editor and choose
> "Advanced" from the buttons for the "makam" directive. Then change the
> value of the gx field.
> ​

​It just does not look neat​.   Because there is not enough room between
the two notes moving the accidental does little. A scheme code would be
nice to move the note forward, same the sharped or flatted note, when
the second accidental is used.   I would not know how to do this!

> ​
>

> >    I need to check this, but I recall that if you have an #A and hit
> > a button the new accidental will over right the #.
>
> yes it is putting the accidental where an accidental would go, if you
> want both to be visible in the Display you would choose a different gx
> (or even move it vertically with gy). The output LilyPond would be the
> syntax for both accidentals, which is not likely to be what you want.
>
> Remember: that this has nothing to do with what you will see typeset -
> it is just to help you see clearly what music you have put in.

​I know this is separate. ​