Il giorno sab 31 dic 2022 alle 14:26:34 +0000, Richard Shann <rich...@rshann.plus.com> ha scritto:
It just occurred to me that what Denemo is using is the callback which
happens when you click on a link in the PDF; Denemo doesn't need the
stuff which Evince will do to action the link which will be the Sunctex bit, it is enough for Denemo to get the callback parameters and then go and do the "synchronization" - just an internal change inside Denemo...

So it could be that the libevince is dropping the callback if it is not
expected there will be some Synctex thing to connect to it, while
libatril is keeping it.

Just speculation on my part ...

Perhaps it just depends on how evince is built.
I'm experimenting with the evince build options -Dinternal_synctex=true and -Ddbus=true (true by default, actually).

But I need your help to understand better.
When I click on a textedit link, what should happen exactly? Can you send a video?