Philip Wilder wrote:

> Kathey managed to spot some areas in which my patch could be improved
> and some in which it was plain wrong. I'm still tidying up at the moment
> but should hopefully have the Kathey approved patch in the near future.

Since this is open source it's useful to post the feedback on patches to
the derby-dev list. This allows:

- others to see what sort of issues reviewers raise, so that their
future contributions don't hit similar common problems.

- others to agree with the feedback (usually by silence) or more
importantly to disagree or correct any factual inaccuracies.

It's worth remembering that no one person has any definitive say on any
derby issue, it's an open source consensus. Thus in some cases rushing
to correct a patch or implement a feature based upon one person's post
may lead to wasted work when you see follow up posts arguing a different
approach. Also people make mistakes or can read specs incorrectly, as
you can see from you auto-commit work, the specs sometimes don't help!

I'm not saying there were any problems in this specific case (how can I
tell without seeing the feedback), I'm talking about the general principle.

Dan.