David W. Van Couvering wrote:
+1 on taking this one out, for same reasons.

I *am* worried about the encryption test failures, is anyone looking at these?
Are you talking about the 'store/encryptionKey.sql' test? If so, this is DERBY-788, and the reasons for why it fails on Solaris10 have been tracked down. Read the comments in Jira for details.

This test only fails on Solaris10 with Java 1.5 (or actually a specific security provider - 'SunPCKS11-Solaris').
Should this test be removed as well?
If so, is there a way to make it not run based on a specific combination of OS and JVM (and/or security provider)?

--
Kristian

David

Mike Matrigali wrote:
I have seen this fail 5 or 6 times in the last 2 weeks.  I haven't
seen any new requests for more information, from the discussion on
the jira item it seems like the issue is understood (though not the
solution).

My quesion is since no new info seems to be gained by having it
fail in other environments, and since there is an assigned person
working on the problem, is it time to remove this test from nightly
runs (or maybe from specific environments)?

It seems like a number of items are lingering on the regression
test suite list.  I believe from the discussion a few weeks ago
the goal was to work toward shrinking this list to 0, unless there
was a good reason to keep a known failing test running in the
nightly suite.  Especially ones where there is someone assigned, it
seems reasonable to take the test out unless the assigned person
wants it run.

/mikem