I will open issues on dblook this weekend.  I will update once I have more
information.  Thanks.

Brett
From: Rick Hillegas [rick.hille...@oracle.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:04 AM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error when running SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_CHECK_TABLE

Thanks, Brett. Some comments inline...

On 8/11/11 4:12 AM, Bergquist, Brett wrote:
> Ran it again.  It took quite a bit longer with the sane jars, almost 24 hours
> this time.  However, the same error is reported.  Derby.log has no stack
> trace either.  I ran the check on all schemas and all tables except this one
> with no problem.  I will try this again just to double check that the sane
> jars are absolutely used but maybe I will just write a quick app and call the
> procedure without going through IJ.
Sounds like a good plan. In unraveling the exception, keep in mind the
possibility that the original error may be chained off of the top level
exception. The exception chaining can be a bit involved because you may
need to follow both SQLException.getNextException() and
Throwable.getCause().
> Any other suggestions are welcome.
>
> I am writing a utility to make a copy of the database by using dblook,
> syscs_util.syscs_export_table and syscs_util.syscs_import_table procedures to
> create a new database with the same schema and then export each table from
> one database and import the table into the new database.  I did find a couple
> of problems with dblook:
>
> 1. dblook does not set an error code when exiting so there is no easy way to
> see if it had a problem
> 2. dblook does not output a statement for the derby.database.classpath
> property.  If the database has jars in the database then this property is
> probably set to access the procedures and functions within and as such should
> be output by dblook.
These sound like defects to me. Would you mind filing JIRAs for these
problems? Problem (2) seems to be part of a larger defect: dblook
doesn't dump the values of properties stored in the database.