Hi Robert,

I updated the wiki a few days ago because I noticed that the original dates were clearly stale--we had already slipped by a couple weeks. I pushed the projected dates out long enough to allow for a couple release candidates in case our first attempt flops. Discussion about release plans has largely happened on the developer list. I apologize for not alerting everyone when I updated the wiki page.

The schedule has slipped for the following reasons:

1) It was an aggressive schedule to begin with. After a year's worth of 10.2 development, we had introduced some serious regressions which only surfaced during beta testing. In addition, some of the feature work needed more polishing.

2) It took a long time to resolve the licensing issue related to the use of beta software to build our JDBC4 support.

For the record, I'm cautiously hopeful that we will post a release candidate this week.

Regards,
-Rick

Robert Enyedi wrote:

And what exactly is the reason of the delay? Are you planning to introduce new features or fix more bugs?

Regards,
Robert

Robert Enyedi wrote:

Today I was prepared to download the 10.2 final release just to see that it has been delayed to October 11 (http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoRelease?action=diff&rev2=42&rev1=39).

I think that it would have been nicer if the developers deciding the delay would have posted in time about this here and not just change the wiki 3 working days before the supposed release...

Regards,
Robert