Although I can't shed any light on the Java/JavaDB problem, I can
clarify a bit on DST and Brazil. Brazil decided by law 2008-09-08 that
at 00:00 the third Sunday in October (which is 2008-10-18) is the
change from DST to normal time and at 00:00 the third Sunday of
February they will change back to DST. If your JDK is older than
2008-09-08, is is likely that it won't do this correct.

And, in 2042, the change will be on 2042-10-19 according to the new
law.


>>>>>>>>>>>> Mark Thornton wrote (2008-10-31 14:31:18):
> Thomas Mueller wrote:
>> What I plan to do in my database engine is to set the time to 12:00:00
>> (midday). Unfortunately this breaks a few things, like equality of
>> java.sql.Date that are returned by H2 and dates that are created by
>> java.sql.Date.valueOf, but I don't know how to solve the problem
>> otherwise (short term). Long term, an option might be to fix the
>> problem in java.sql.Date.
>>   
>
> The long term solution is probably jsr310 which replaces all the  
> date/time classes with something more rational.
>
> Mark Thornton

-- 
Bernt Marius Johnsen, Staff Engineer
Database Technology Group, Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply via email to