On 08.07.10 18:03, Erick Lichtas wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have been using an embedded setup of derby (version 10.4.1.3) for quite some time. It appears that my database has become corrupt for some reason, possibly related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3725

Hi,

I'm afraid the only proper way out of this is to restore from a backup.

Another option is to post only the damaged page (or post the full conglomerate/db itself) for investigation. You could also modify only the format id and run SYSCS_CHECK_TABLE again, but bit-fiddling at this level really isn't recommended... Also, performing such an investigation is a lot of work, so I'm not sure anyone will do it.

Regards,
--
Kristian

Stacktrace

_java.sql.SQLException_: Unknown page format at page Page(257,Container(0, 432592))

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.seeNextException(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.closeOnTransactionError(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.movePosition(Unknown Source)

      at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.next(Unknown Source)

      at com.linoma.derby.corrupt.Derby.verifyDatabase(_Derby.java:108_)

      at com.linoma.derby.corrupt.DerbyMain.main(_DerbyMain.java:17_)

Caused by: _java.sql.SQLException_: No class was registered for identifier 0.

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)

      ... 9 more

Caused by: ERROR XBM0U: No class was registered for identifier 0.

at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.classFromIdentifier(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.newInstanceFromIdentifier(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.newInstanceFromIdentifier(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CachedPage.changeInstanceTo(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.CachedPage.setIdentity(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.ConcurrentCache.find(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.getUserPage(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.getNextHeadPage(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseContainer.getNextPage(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseContainerHandle.getNextPage(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.conglomerate.GenericScanController.positionAtNextPage(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.conglomerate.GenericScanController.fetchRows(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.heap.HeapScan.next(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.iapi.db.ConsistencyChecker.checkTable(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.catalog.SystemProcedures.SYSCS_CHECK_TABLE(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.exe.acf81e0010x0129xb2c4xb230x00000015ed900.e5(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.services.reflect.DirectCall.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ProjectRestrictResultSet.doProjection(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ProjectRestrictResultSet.getNextRowCore(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BasicNoPutResultSetImpl.getNextRow(Unknown Source)

      ... 4 more

Is there any way to tell for sure if this issue is related to DERBY-3725? If so, and I upgrade the database, is there a way to repair the existing database? Is there any additional information I can provide to give further insight?

Thank you,

ERICK J. LICHTAS

Linoma Software

Software Engineer