Bergquist, Brett-2 wrote
> For your use case, probably not.   JPA is not something that is going to
> solve a database element corruption and in fact with JPA and its normal
> use, you have less control when entity changes are flushed to the
> database.
>
> Note that if you don't have your database stored on medium that has write
> caching, if the host computer goes down, the database is not going to be
> corrupt; it might not have the latest change, but it will be consistent if
> you are using transactions.

Brett...
My Derby Database is hosted on my HDD in a /db folder under the Java
Application folder...

>" ... if you are using transactions."
The above phrase made me look at my code to see if I am using transactions.
I wrote the derby software some time ago and I have the following lines of
code but I
do not understand why I did the "conn.setAutoCommit(false)" statement...

            //  Control transactions manually...
            //  NOTE:   Auto commit is on by default in JDBC...
            conn.setAutoCommit(false);

Everything is working fine but I wanted to assure myself that the above
operation is OK.

Many Thanks,
Jim...