Den 25.03.15 07.48, skrev Vivek Choudhary:
> Thanks Rick, Mike for the information provided about the Daemon thread.
> It clears some understanding about the significance of these threads.
>
> In my legacy application it performs following operation -
> 1. writes data to table under jta transaction boundary (handled by
> Hibernate)
> 2. scheduled cron job runs in every night to delete old data
>
> Now, the issue which we are facing is the daemon thread is consuming
> 100% cpu usage and as result we have to restart our server to get this
> clear out. After the server restart everything becomes normal.
>
> Any pointer what would be causing daemon thread to consumes cpu usage?

Hi Vivek,

Are you able to obtain some stack traces from the application when it's
using 100% CPU?

If it is indeed the RawStoreDaemon that's consuming the CPU, the stack
traces might give some clues. Post only the traces for the daemon thread
of you like.

Also, what's the version of your Derby installation?

Regards,
--
Kristian