On 7/12/2016 7:01 PM, Rick Hillegas wrote:

Effectively when i execute select * from sys.sysschemas where schemaName
='TESTEUR';
i obtain: 278b81cd-0155-d9ce-d86a-000012e9eb35    TESTEUR    APP

As you note, this indicates that the database is owned by APP.

Hi Rick,

In your opinion, is this a reliable way to ascertain the identity
of the database owner, at least in the scenarios in which you
can successfully connect to the database as *some* user?

If so, I wonder if we should add a suggestion about this to:

        https://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.12/security/cseccsecuredbowner.html

This might make it easier for people to understand how their
database ownership behavior is arising?

thanks,

bryan