Hi,

I have a a data model built around triggers. It accepts data in via only one
table RAW_DATA upon which I have one BEFORE trigger

CREATE TRIGGER lock_transaction
NO CASCADE BEFORE INSERT ON raw_data
REFERENCING NEW AS NEW
LOCK raw_data in EXCLUSIVE MODE;

My intent being to lock out the entire transaction until all other triggers
have fired and completed so I can’t have lockouts. However, under multiple
transactions I am getting lockouts

ERROR 40001: A lock could not be obtained due to a deadlock, cycle of locks and
waiters is:
Lock : ROW, MVAVG_DELTA_DOC, (1,10302)
  Waiting XID : {2929274, S} , NWALTON, INSERT INTO
"NWALTON"."SENSOR_AVG_DOCUMENT_TAGGING" (docid, rowid, tag)
………

I can understand why it might lock accessing SENSOR_AVG_DOCUMENT_TAGGING but
since I have an exclusive lock on the only point at which data enters RAW_DATA
two transactions should not be accessing the table.

Any suggestions as to what I’m doing wrong.

TIA

Nick