Hi Dmitry,

Only one process can open / boot a specific database (usually a set of
files on disk) at a given time.
Depending on your requirements you can:
 a) shut down the application and boot the database using any standard JDBC
tool (using the embedded driver)
 b) if you need to be able to access the database while the application is
running, you need to enable the Derby network server mode and connect to it
using the network driver. This can be done in more than one way, for
instance by specifying a system property on startup. This may have security
implications for your application.

If this is a permanent requirement, it should be possible to start and stop
the network server from within your application (i.e. by adding support for
this feature in your application). See the Derby Administration guide for
more info.

Hope this helps,
--
Kristian