Thanks! I tried that first and got the following error. It was only after
that that I went down this path of trying to set derby.database.classpath.
Any ideas would be great!

SQL [CREATE TRIGGER  extract_keyword_trigger AFTER INSERT ON TEMP
REFERENCING NEW AS newTable FOR EACH ROW CALL extract_keyword(newTable.test)
]; No method was found that matched the method call
TestListener.capitalize(java.lang.String), tried all combinations of object
and primitive types and any possible type conversion for any  parameters the
method call may have. The method might exist but it is not public and/or
static, or the parameter types are not method invocation convertible or the
derby.database.classpath property is missing or incorrectly defined.

--
Sent from:
http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/Apache-Derby-Users-f95095.html