Hello,

For some reason for my newly created database in embedded mode after issuing
shutdown command getConnection("jdbc:derby:" + <database name> +
";shutdown=true")  I'm not getting the message 'Database <database name>
shutdown.' (as it was for my previous projects) but instead I'm getting this
message:

08006.D : [0] <database name>

SQL State and error codes are inline (08006 and 45000). I tried with Derby
versions 10.15.2.0 and 10.16.1.1. Also executing the included SimpleApp.java
demo program gives the same result. For my project I'm including these jars:

derby.jar
derbyshared.jar
derbytools.jar

Also tried derbyoptionaltools.jar with no help.

Tried several times, deleting and recreating databases etc. Using Linux Mint
with OpenJDK Runtime Environment Temurin-17.0.5+8 (build 17.0.5+8) (by the way
in this environment my old databases return the correct/expected message)

What could be the issue?

Regards,
Orange