Hi Thorsten!

Am Donnerstag, den 10.02.2011, 08:15 +0100 schrieb Thorsten Behrens:
> Christoph Noack wrote:
> > But, here comes the question to a new toto item - Thorsten: Kendy
> > mentioned yesterday that some icons might be missing. Is it right that
> > we lack toolbar icons for (e.g.) the File-New-Dropdown? If yes, what
> > size is required here?
> >
> Nope, we have those.

Phew. :-)

> > According to the Galaxy icon set page, it should be 26x26 - can you
> > confirm?
> >
> > http://ui.openoffice.org/VisualDesign/OOo_galaxy.html
> >
> Heh, no friggin' idea - but yeah, that page says: small size (16 x
> 16 pixel), large size (26 x 26 pixel), high contrast version of all
> icons. ;)
>
> More importantly, as prompted by Kendy, the Tango icon set has the
> following style guide (excerpt from
> http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines - that has
> many more info for keeping a homogeneous design):

That's true, and I regularly work with the Tango Icons. The question is,
whether Tango will be "the choice" for us, since it still lacks a lot of
specialized icons (Galaxy works better here). And, if we are sure that
it works well on all platforms ... if yes, then we might go for that
style atm.

And, it can be guessed some the Tango icons (a fraction) will change
soon, since they are currently re-done with a new styling.

> Large:       48×48
> Medium:      32x32
> Small:       22×22 pixels - blow up to 24×24 by adding a 1 pixel
>              empty space on all sides
> Extra Small: 16×16 pixels
>
> (A RC1 preview download for Mac, with the new icons, is available
> here:
> http://download.go-oo.org/thb/libreoffice/mac/LibO_3.3.1rc1_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg)

I can join the campaign "I miss a Mac" - so if anybody here (but you
Thorsten, you have to care about other things *g*) has a Mac, it would
be great to see a screenshot - just for fun.

> Cheers,
>
> -- Thorsten

Have a nice day!

Christoph